Greenhills Archers are committed to protecting your privacy and processing your personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which came into effect on 25th May 2018. This policy explains how the information we collect about you is used and kept securely. It also explains your privacy choices when using our website as well as your right to access your information under Data Protection Legislation.
The Information We Collect About You
We may collect the following information about you through our membership process, public events and training courses and our website/social media pages:
- Your name, email address, postal address and any other information you voluntarily provide to us via email, our online and hard copy forms for the purpose of registering you as a member of our club or/and entering you in an event that you have chosen to participate in
- Information about your participation in the sport of archery, such as training, courses or events attended and any results, awards, certificates, etc. arising as applicable
- We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers used and other similar information
- In the event of an accident or injury at a Greenhills Archers event, we may record medical information as required to facilitate treatment and recovery. Medical information will be stored securely and made available only to those with a direct need to know, including medical professionals, insurance companies or legal representatives as circumstances require
- If you use our website, we may collect non-identifiable information, such as your computers IP address, web browser, operating system or Internet Service Provider
- We may use third parties to process payments (e.g., Stripe, SumUp) on our behalf. Greenhills Archers does not collect, nor do we have access to your credit card details
The Information Provided to Us
We may be provided with information about you from Archery Ireland (AI), if you are a registered member of AI from another club. That information may include; name, date of birth, gender, email address, address, telephone number, name of the Archery Ireland affiliated clubs with which you are registered and any coaching qualifications or officiating licenses that you hold.
How We Use Your Information
We may use your personal information for a number of purposes, including:
- To process and manage your membership
- To process and manage events and/or courses you have registered for or enquired about
- To deal with your requests and enquiries
- To contact you for reasons related to your membership, registration or enquiry
- To notify you about archery events
- To verify that you are a member of AI, entitled and insured to shoot at Greenhills Archers
- To promote the club on our website and in social media. By taking part in club events you give your consent to your image being used, if you are not a minor. However, you may withdraw consent at any time by notifying the event organiser or official photographer where one is present. Images of minors will never be used without the explicit consent of parents/guardians.
Our Legal Basis for Processing Your Information
We will process your Personal Data on the basis of the following legitimate interests:
- To provide selected external providers with a facility to check and validate data to support administrative processes. For example:
Transfer of name and date of birth to check membership validation at point of entry to archery events
- The transfer of registered members from one club to another. You will maintain the same record with AI but the club name associated with the record will change.
- Providing relevant and necessary information via email, text and post to you about the following:
- Changes to constitution, rules and regulations
- Notification of AGM or other meetings or events
- Updates to advice and guidance relating to specific roles held within the club
- Transactional information relating to club affiliation and transfers, archer registration, representative teams, competition and events, coach and officiating licenses, courses, events and qualifications.
- If you apply to become a registered member of our club we will share the personal data you provide with Archery Ireland to facilitate your membership and as part of the administration of your involvement in the sport.
- We will share only what is needed for those purposes and, where possible, will anonymise the data before sharing. If we would like to share your information for any other purpose we will ask for your consent first.
- When we collect information from you, we will tell you if we would like to send you information about our events and services. We will give you the opportunity to opt in to any such communications and will tell you how you can opt-out at any time.
- The club may also share your personal information with An Garda Síochána and other Statutory Agencies for the purposes of crime prevention, crime detection or the safety of our members and minors.
- This is done on a strictly case by case basis and through a tightly controlled process to ensure we comply with Data Protection Legislation.
Protecting Your Information
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to a destination external to Greenhills Archers own secure network. We will not transfer your data outside of the European Economic Area.
Access to your personal data will be restricted to those club officers with a valid need, in order to administer the events and services the club provides to you.
Finding Out What Information Greenhills Archers Holds About You
Under the Data Protection Legislation, you can ask to see any personal information that we hold about you. Such requests are called Subject Access Requests. If you would like to make a Subject Access Request, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You will also need to provide two forms of identification, for example, driving licence, utility bill or passport and, if appropriate, any particulars about the source or location of the information you are requesting. The club will respond to your subject access request within 30 days.
Any data that we collect from you will be deleted in accordance with timescales set out below:
|Type of Data||Retention Period|
|Name, date of birth, gender, email address, address,
telephone number, names of the Archery Ireland affiliated clubs that you are a member of and details of any coaching or officiating licenses you hold
|Three years after an individual has not played an active part in archery|
|Data on any injuries, medical conditions etc., as provided by you to Greenhills Archers||One year or on the receipt of a new annual membership form or after an individual has not played an active part in archery|
|Membership forms||One year or on the receipt of a new annual membership|
|Vetting data and application forms||Garda Vetting forms are sent to AI for processing. Greenhills Archers does not copy nor retain a copy of your vetting details. All information relating to vetting is deleted upon completion of the process|
|Competition results||Indefinite as a record of club sporting results|
|Have-A-Go events or Beginners’ Courses||One year or on the receipt of a new application|
|Text or messaging systems||One year (rolling twelve months)|
|Team sheets and training attendance lists||Four years|
|Medical information arising from accident or injury at an Greenhills Archers event||For as long as required by treatment, insurance and/or legal considerations|